Safeguarding in our parishes
Click on picture for safeguarding information
Donate to St James
When the church was closed, much of our usual income from collections and weddings ceased, but most of our
expenditure has to continue.
You can contribute to St James church funds via the Donate button below.
From 1 August we will have a service every Sunday in St James and 2 services each month in All Saints.
Virtual services on Zoom will continue on Sunday evenings.
Details of all our services are on the Services
To keep everyone safe and to comply with COVID19 guidelines:
- Register on entering by scanning the QR code with the NHS Covid-19 smartphone app
or on the paper list (this is for track & trace - and will be destroyed after 21 days)
- Hand sanitisers for use on entering and leaving church
- To protect us all and more importantly to protect the vulnerable we ask that face masks be
worn whist inside church.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on entry into church, before and after receiving communion.
- Please be sensitive to those who may wish to socially distance. There will be orange cards at
the back of church to place beside you to alert others.
- We are delighted that we are able to reintroduce congregational singing - to ameliorate
additional risk we will ask you to retain your facemask whilst singing
- Communion (wafer only) will be administered – standing – from the Chancel steps
- There will be a Retiring collection – this avoids unnecessary movement and maintains social distancing
during the service
- We are not using any paper materials that have to be distributed and collected in, this is in accordance
with Church and Government guidance
- Toilets for St James: the Ale House will be open.
From Monday 19 July our churches will be open for private prayer every day.
Worship at home
We will continue holding the Sunday evening 6:30 Zoom service.