Services in our churches will resume on Easter Sunday 4 April.
Virtual services on Zoom will continue, with evening services during Holy Week.
Details of all our services are on the Services
To keep everyone safe and to comply with COVID19 guidelines:
- Register on entering by scanning the QR code with the NHS Covid-19 smartphone app
or on the paper list (this is for track & trace - and will be destroyed after 21 days)
- Hand sanitisers for use on entering and leaving church
- The wearing of face coverings is mandatory
- One way system in operation (enter by the south door and exit by west doors)
- Please only sit, observing social distancing, on a pew row that does NOT have a X on it
- Kneelers and carpet squares have been removed, please feel free to bring your own cushions and take home
with you at the end of the service
- Silent distribution of Communion
- Communion (wafer only) will be administered – standing from the Chancel steps
- There will be a Retiring collection - this avoids unnecessary movement and maintains social distancing
during the service
- We are not using any paper materials that have to be distributed and collected in, this is in accordance
with Church and Government guidance
- Toilets for St James: the Ale House will be open.
Our churches will be open for private prayer as follows:
- St James in March on Fridays, except Good Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm,
provided there is no funeral (necessitating deep cleaning) during the week.
- St James in April and May on Sundays from 11:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- All Saints on Wednesdays 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Worship at home
See the Prayer
for the Nation booklet for prayers for daily use at home.
We will continue holding the Sunday evening 6:30 Zoom service.