Services in our churches
One of our churches is now open each Sunday for a said service.
Note that November's services will follow a different pattern to allow for All Saints, All Souls and
Remembrance Sunday services.
See the Services page for
arrangements, including the need to book for some services.
To keep everyone safe and to comply with COVID19 guidelines:
- To control numbers, booking will be required for some popular services
- Register on entering by scanning the QR code with the NHS Covid-19 smartphone app
or on the paper list (this is for track & trace - and will be destroyed after 21 days)
- Hand sanitisers for use on entering and leaving church
- The wearing of face coverings is mandatory from 8 August
- One way system in operation (enter by the south door and exit by west doors)
- Please only sit, observing social distancing, on a pew row that does NOT have a X on it
- Kneelers and carpet squares have been removed, please feel free to bring your own cushions and take home
with you at the end of the service
- Silent distribution of Communion
- Communion (wafer only) will be administered – standing from the Chancel steps
- There will be a Retiring collection - this avoids unnecessary movement and maintains social distancing
during the service
- We are not using any paper materials that have to be distributed and collected in, this is in accordance
with Church and Government guidance
- Toilets for St James: the Ale House will be open.
Worship at home
See the booklet
for ideas for prayer and worship at home.
We will continue holding the Sunday evening 6:30 Zoom service.