This web site is about St James the Great, the parish church of
Colwall, and All Saints, the parish church of Coddington. The buttons in
the menu (currently on the left of each page) will take you to various
parts of this site as shown below. The parent page is shown by a
different coloured background on its button.
The site aims to comply with the website standards defined by World
Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and new pages are created to comply with the
latest standard (HTML5). The task of updating the site so as to be easy
to use on the small screen of a smart phone, possibly with a slower
connection to the internet, has been a major challenge. The task is now
under way, starting with this page.
Button and Description
- This is the St James and All Saints welcome page, where you can
find links into the main pages of the site.
- Our parishes
- On this page you can meet the Rector and Ministry Team and read
about our churchyard and buildings. It also contains all the
"official" information about the church.
- This gives the times and details of the services taking place this
month and next. It also links to the year's programme.
- This page gives information about fund-raising and social events.
- Your special days
- This page contains links to guidance, prayers and useful information
on some special events in our lives: baptisms, weddings, funerals and
even moving house.
- Perhaps you are wondering what the church is all about, or want to
know what our position is on various religious matters. Try this page
to find out.
- Sermons link
- A page of links to this or previous years' sermons. This has been
updated (11 Jan 2016) so that the linked page varies with the context.
- Take action
- Join in the activities of the church.
- Memorial pages
- As well as a real churchyard, we have a virtual one, where you can
leave a memorial of those you have lost. There is a link to our War
- This links to our photo gallery and to a church picture which
changes daily. Until all pages are updated, there are some with links
direct to Today's picture.
- Site guide
- This page.
- Contact us
- On this page you can find all our contact details and
directions to our churches.
- Young people
- This link to our services for our children and young persons groups
has been removed, but will be reinstated if those services resume.
- Our blog
- This link led to a site for comments and opinions from various
members of the church, but as the blog is inactive the link has been
removed. If you want to reactivate it, please get in touch with the
webmaster. The little icon against this link shows that the link is to
a web page outside this website.